1. A booking will be confirmed once the booking form along with the course deposit has been received and confirmed in writing or by email from Steve Hedges Photography courses.
2. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. All gift vouchers expire two years from issue date, giving the recipient plenty of time to use them.
3. Deposits paid are refundable if requested not more than 48 hours after payment has been made. After this period, refunds can only be made if a replacement can be found for that particular photography course/workshop. If one cannot be found, the deposit is not refundable. Steve Hedges Photography will advise when the balance is payable when a booking is confirmed. Once the final amount is paid, the total amount is non-refundable, unless a replacement for that course/workshop can be found. We have a very large existing customer base and can usually find a replacement student for most courses, but obviously, the more notice we receive the better!
4. Deposits paid for a one-to-one or a one-to-two photography tuition day are refundable if requested not more than 48 hours after payment has been made.
5. If, in the unlikely event a photography course or workshop has to be cancelled, for instance due to unforeseen circumstances/atrocious weather conditions, those booked on the course will be able to transfer the monetary value of said course to any other course advertised on our website. (This is subject to availability, but as courses fill up, we always add new dates). In all our years of running photography courses, we have only had to outright cancel a date on just a handful of occasions. Sunshine and showers for instance offer fantastic light conditions for a photography course and we supply plastic covers for cameras in the event of a shower.
6. We reserve the right to vary the photographic locations and meeting points within the area of any location-based photography course to take into account weather, light conditions and variable conditions at the time.
7. During the photography course or workshop, you must behave in a way that is not disruptive, upsetting or dangerous to you or anyone else and you must follow the reasonable requests of the course leader. Steve Hedges will be able to terminate your participation in the photography course or workshop if your behaviour is, in his reasonable opinion, in breach of this obligation and in such circumstances Steve Hedges will have no further liability to you.
8. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU AND YOUR PARTY ATTEND THE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE/WORKSHOP AT ENTIRELY YOUR OWN RISK. A reasonable level of fitness is required for our location courses and workshops as hills and walking are involved on un-surfaced ground. It is advisable that you have adequate insurance for your own photographic equipment. During our location photography courses your equipment may be subject to the elements or accidental damage. We are not responsible for any damage incurred to your photographic equipment or belongings while participating in one of our courses. If you are travelling to an area specifically for a photography course, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance. We are not able to vary from our stated refund policy regardless of your situation.
9. Steve Hedges Photography Courses or Steve Hedges cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal items or for personal accident or injury. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept any hazards involved in visiting our course locations. It is recommended that all people attending our photography courses have appropriate travel insurance to cover against cancellation, illness, personal injury, theft or loss of belongings. To take part in any of Steve Hedges Photography Courses including mini-breaks or overseas courses you must be covered by adequate insurance for the duration of the course and the activities undertaken. The insurance must cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical and emergency expenses (including repatriation), personal accident injury and death. In addition you should be insured against loss of/damage to baggage, personal possessions and flight cancellations/delays.
10. It is the students’ responsibility to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the course that they are attending; in particular, sturdy boots or trainers and long trousers with a means of securing the trouser hems. This is important due to the problem of ticks in the countryside carrying Lyme’s disease bacteria.
11. Coronavirus Covid-19 : We are now able to start running our photography courses again with social distancing measures in place. For instance, our location-based photography course days (where the different photographic locations are a car’s drive away from each other) have always begun with all course attendees arriving and parking up their cars at a pre-arranged meeting point. Steve used to then take everyone in his own seven-seater car to all the different photographic locations, finally dropping everyone back to their own cars at the end of the day. When car sharing is allowed again and we can get back to running our photography courses this way we certainly will, but for the foreseeable future, all course attendees would need to follow Steve in their own cars throughout the day. The different course locations are close to each other so this does not involve driving long distances. This does not apply to our London-based photography courses as a car is not needed in London or indeed some of our wildlife photography courses but if you are not sure whether you will need a car for the day, please contact us. The safety of our customers is of paramount importance to us so we also recommend that all course attendees bring their own hand sanitiser to use throughout the day and have face coverings to use as well if needed. All course attendees are responsible for their own health and safety when attending our photography courses. If you are in the position of having been contacted by the track and trace team and therefore have to self-isolate for fourteen days at the time of the course you are booked on, please let us know. Of course you would be able to re-schedule.
12. All information that is supplied electronically is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and is not passed on to any third party.